Sunday, December 16, 2012

10 Perfumes and Fragrances that I love


Hey everyone! I know I haven’t posted in forever, so I’m trying to catch up on my writing.
I finally have gotten through all my MBA grad school interviews and applications, so I’m just waiting to hear back. I’m also considering turning this into an original story idea writing blog, or posting Chapters on all my different ideas and having you vote (assuming people other than me are reading this) so maybe that will happen :) 

So today I would love to talk about my favorite Perfume and Body Spray scents. I have amassed a small Bath & Body works collection in the last 3 years since my friends at Jamba Juice got me interested in spraying yummy smelly things, and I also watch a lot of Youtube beauty gurus that convinced me to display some of my favorites on a mirrored serving tray on my dresser in my room (as more decoration, but it actually makes it easier to remember to use them every day as well). I realize this is a luxury, and I definitely have more than I could ever use up, but slowly I am finding out what I like and returning the rest that I don’t use, so this is merely a hobby for me.

The ranking isn’t in any particular order just what I can remember:

1) Sexy Graffiti by Escada
notes: raspberry, strawberry, grapefruit
This is my most recent acquisition (courtesy of Matt for an early Christmas gift). I have always wanted an Escada perfume since one of my Santa Barbara friends showed me the one she used in 2007. They smell amazing to me and clean, very similar to the Arbonne scents, not stinky at all like some other celebrity and designer scents I have smelled.

2)Mysterious by FYI Arbonne
notes: blackberries and pomegranate 
This one is discontinued by still available on ebay and amazon as far as I can tell. I don’t have very much left since they come in a tiny portable container, and I’m very sad that they don’t make it anymore. One day I would like to find a custom perfumer (similar to the service available at Fred Segal at Santa Monica) and see if they can remake this fragrance for me, I love it that much.

3)Pink chiffon at Bath and Body Works
notes: red pear, vanilla orchid and whipped chiffon (whatever that is)
This is my go-to perfume for when I want to feel “girly”. Matt also thinks this one smells the best, and the spray actually works very well layered with “Bombshell in Love” which I will talk about later.

4)Dark kiss by Bath and Body Works
notes:berry, vanilla, plum and bergamot
I used this one every day for a year and I still think it smells amazing. It’s a darker, more seductive smelling scent and it is very sweet. It’s like the nighttime version of Be Enchanted.

5)Be enchanted by Bath and Body Works
notes:pomegranate, sugar, passionfruit
This is my go-to everyday scent. It’s very sweet and light and perfect for winter. I think the light-purple and silver packaging perfectly describes this scent because it makes me think of yummy smelling things on a winter day.

6)Bombshell in love by Victoria Secret
notes: pink grapefruit, raspberry and pear
This was a limited edition for February 2012 for the Bombshell line at Victoria Secret. I’m upset that I always love their limited edition scents better than their original regular scents. This one is a very clean scent, and sometimes reminds me of American Eagle perfume though not quite as strong.

7)Gorgeous by Victoria Secret
notes: strawberry, sandalwood, jasmine and freesia
If you can’t tell already, I love the berry scents. This one came out when I worked at Victoria Secret and I could not stop spraying it. It smells amazing and I’m sad I didn’t buy more than the travel size bottle. I love the strawberries in this, and I’m surprised I like it even with the sandalwood (which to me is usually stronger than in this perfume). 

8)Aerie by American Eagle Outfitters
notes: pomegranate, freesia and peach
I love Aerie and everything it represents. Netural soft colors are plentiful in the sub-store by American Eagle, and it accurately portrays feminine and ‘light-as-air’ in this perfume. Not as strong as the original american eagle scents, and only available online or in a specifically Aerie store. For those of you that have read my facebook, I live in San Diego and the closest store is Cerritos or Ontario Mills (more than an hour and a half away). The other stores in Southern California include Thousand Oaks and Santa Barbara. Their main rival is Pink by Victoria Secret, but Victoria Secret is more known for bold and bright colors and personalities, so this is more of a low-key version catering to girls from ages 13-25.

9)Soft and dreamy by Pink at Victoria Secret
notes: lemon meringue and whipped cream
This scent smells just like cotton candy to me and reminds me of the designer fragrance  Pink sugar. I love how warm it is, and when I’m freezing I love spraying this to smell something sweet and delicious, although sometimes it makes me hungry.

10) You tell me! What kind of scents do you enjoy?

1 comment:

  1. I CAN NOT wait to hear about how the grad school interviews go. An interesting blog post within itself perhaps?

    ReplyDelete