Monday, October 1, 2012

Fun and Interesting places to shop


I’m sure some of these are a given, but I’m going to talk about them anyways. Here are some stores I'm currently obsessed with.

Located at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, this place just opened up and is like a cross between Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and Aerie. Don’t be confused by their euro signs on their price tags, they just do that because they think it’s cool. Reasonably priced soft cotton clothing, one size fits all. I’m not sure I would say they’re appropriate for the workplace, but great for everything in between.

American Eagle Outfitters competitor to Victoria Secret Pink, Aerie is great for teen girls for lounge wear and lingerie, for those of us that don’t want to wear neon colors. They used to have an amazing makeup line, and they still have amazing perfumes and swimsuits during the summer. Their jewelry is awesome, and I have a 10 dollar necklace from them that I always get compliments on. 

This sounds weird, but until I looked at their website, I didn’t know they have furniture and other home goods like their expensive Anthropologie counterpart. Fun clothes and great sales, I always forget about them and stumble into one of their stores thinking, ‘oh yeah huh!’

Their new two level location at Fashion Valley is crazy and amazing. I recently went shopping for a nice work dress here and wasn’t disappointed. I had been in Bloomingdale’s a few minutes before, and they had the EXACT same dress for less than a third of the price. I realized their clothes aren’t great for people with curves though, my butt doesn’t fit into most of their clothes, or it does, but then the top half is too big. Go figure.

New location opening at Fashion Valley, Zara has very reasonably priced work wear for the fashionable lady. The fabric of their clothing is sturdier than most places, and they have neutral tones for most of their pieces. I walked into the location at the Grove in LA recently, and they had a lot of awesome designs.

Thanks for reading, I will post more in the near future :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment